Meimi Tamura, 2nd generation member of ANGERME, has just announced that she will be graduating this coming spring of 2016. She said that she wants to pursue a career as a musical actress. Meimi has oftentimes been referred to as the strongest singer in ANGERME, so this goal suits her perfectly. No official date or information for the graduation has been released yet.
Meimi joined S/mileage (later rebranded as ANGERME) on August 14, 2011 alongside Kana Nakanishi, Akari Takeuchi and Rina Katsuta. Since then, she has grown as an entertainer and especially as a singer. She’s oftentimes been the heart of the musicals she’s performed in, with her (arguably) best performance in the musical ‘Lilium’.
With the recent departure of beloved member Kanon Fukuda, this most certainly comes as tough news to stomach for ANGERME fans. That being said, she will likely have a very promising future. We should all do our best to support her and also continue to support ANGERME as they hopefully continue their stride of success.
Here’s to Meimi!
- Wada Ayaka (和田彩花; 1st Generation) Leader
- Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜; 2nd Generation) Sub-Leader
- Takeuchi Akari (竹内朱莉; 2nd Generation) Sub-Leader
- Katsuta Rina (勝田里奈; 2nd Generation)
- Tamura Meimi (田村芽実; 2nd Generation)
- Murota Mizuki (室田瑞希; 3rd Generation)
- Aikawa Maho (相川茉穂; 3rd Generation)
- Sasaki Rikako (佐々木莉佳子; 3rd Generation)
- Kamikokuryo Moe (上國料萌衣; 4th Generation)
Official Announcement: http://www.helloproject.com/news/4010/
Translation of Announcement by Up-Front Link: https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-announcement-concerning-meimi-tamura/991425097583074